Activities, events and times subject to change.
Get ready to embark on a discovery that will ignite your curiosity, challenge your intellect, and leave you with a newfound appreciation for the world around you. Engineering isn't just a profession; it's a gateway to endless possibilities and a chance to shape the future with your innovative ideas. National Engineers Week is Feb. 18 to 24, 2024.
From 10 am to 4 pm in Kid's Hall:
- BattleBots: Use a variety of materials along with an off-set motor and a battery to create your own BattleBots, then face off against each other or against our Makers and volunteers! (While supplies last)
- Sail Cars: Use popsicle sticks and other materials to create a car and add a sail to it, testing it using a tabletop fan to see how well they can catch air.
- Balancing Sculptures: Use a variety of objects, including pencils, chopsticks, washers and cardboard to create sculptures that balance on a single point by manipulating the center of gravity.
From 10 am to noon in FlowWorks: (Weather permitting)
- Water Robots: Explore the mechanics of water-treading robots in this special educator facilitated activity, as part of our Inventor’s Workshop takeover of FlowWorks!
From noon to 2 pm in Kid's Hall:
- LEGO© Robots: Build and code a variety of robotic designs as our LEGO© Spike Prime robots venture out of Maker Annex and into Kid's Hall for the day!
From 2 to 4 pm all around Museum:
- Robotic Takeover!: Robots are taking over the museum! Dash and Sphero will make appearances in a variety of engineering and science challenges and experiments throughout several of our main floor galleries. Keep on the look-out!
All Day in Kids' Hall Alcove:
- Houston Bricks: Come marvel at the magnificent creations designed by LEGO© Masters.