24th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration
Celebrate the power of dreams with peace march, musical performances and “I Have a Dream” rendition
January 20, 2020 beginning at noon
Special event $5 general admission
Brought to you by State Rep. Garnet Coleman (D)
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.dreamed for us to live in a world where we would “not be judged by the color of[our] skin, but by the content of [our] character.” Join the Children’s Museum of Houston in honoring civil rights leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and his legacy during our 24th annual celebration.
Beginning at noon in Brown Auditorium:
· Ebony Opera Guild: Uplift your spirits with African American spirituals.
· Caryakid Award: Museum’s highest honor to be received by a community leader.
· Gardere Oratory Speech Recital: Listen to inspiring, triumphant words by this year’s winner.
Beginning at approx.12:30 p.m. in Kids’ Hall:
· Peace March Led by Kid’s Committee: Exercise your right in celebration of Civil Rights.
· “I Have a Dream Speech”: Orator Donovan Harris will recite the speech that changed history.
· TSU Music School: Get moving to the inspirational sounds of Dr. Kiana Williams, TSU Professor.
· Providence Jazz Ensemble: Dance to the beat of this high-energy band.
· Dream of a World: Create a “peace” of art at Alexander Art Academy.
· Dream Clouds: Share your dreams for changing the world at Junktion.
· Peace Doves: Make a world symbol of peace at Junktion.
· Star Promise: Take the pledge to be kind and fair at Junktion.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration
Jan. 20, 2020
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
Children’s Museum of Houston
1500 Binz St., Houston, TX 77004
· MLK DAY SPECIAL HOURS: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Special MLK Day admission: $5 per person.
· For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.