Outside the Museum
We welcome PNC Foundation’s Mobile Learning Adventure to the museum during a special free family night!*
(*Free admission to the museum applies only during Free Family Night Hours, which is 5pm - 8pm. Before 5pm general admission applies)
What is the Mobile Learning Adventure:
The Mobile Learning Adventure (MLA) is a traveling exhibit that provides an opportunity for parents and caregivers to learn about the importance of early childhood education while you engage in fun activities with your children. (Recommended age birth to 5 years).
The MLA is a part of PNC Foundation's Grow Up Great – an initiative that began in 2004 to help prepare children from birth to age 5 for success in school and life.
The MLA will lead families through different activities outlined below. At the beginning of your adventure, you will receive a Passport Book that will guide you through the activities, earning sticker badges throughout the exhibit. You will have the option to register your email address or phone number at the Photo Station to receive your child’s photo, digitally.
1. Passport – Children will receive their own passport booklet to take with them throughout the activation, where they can receive a sticker for every station they visit.
2. Match Board – While children wait in line, they can familiarize themselves with some of the occupations available at the MLA photo station by matching the job name with its pictures and tools.
3. Making Choices Disc Run – This activity helps parents and caregivers teach their children about “wants” vs. “needs” as a foundation for making good financial choices.
4. Paper Hat Occupation Station – At this station, kids will select and decorate a paper hat that corresponds with our available occupations at the photo station.
5. Spinners - While kids wait in line they can use their imagination with some of the occupations available at the MLA photo station by spinning the different sections to create a profession.
6. Costume Wall – Children will choose an occupation to dress up as what they’d like to be when they grow up (examples include a firefighter, chef, artist, and more). Their photo will be taken at the photo station.
7. When I Grow Up Photo Station – Kids will have their photo taken in their costume, with a custom occupational background! The photo will be printed right there in the MLA for kids to take home in a Grow Up Great frame.
8. Story Telling Tree – This station will encourage dialogue between the parent and child as the child will answer the following prompt by writing on a lead and attaching it to the tree: “When I grow up, I want to be ___ because ___.
9. Giveaway Table – Tote bags will be given to each family filled with educational resources for caregivers.
Outside the Museum