We can’t contain our excitement….we are ready to see you at the Museum!
Behind our masks, we are smiling from ear to ear as we open our doors and welcome families back to the Museum. Our new hours are Wednesday – Saturday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Thursday 10:00 am – 8:00 pm (Free Family Night Thursday 5:00 – 8:00 pm) and Sunday, Noon – 6:00 pm.
Buy tickets in advance! Tickets are on sale now. Visitor flow will be maintained through timed entry tickets.
Our staff and educators have been working hard to ready the museum for your arrival and we can assure that you will have a safe and exciting experience when you visit. If you have previously been to the Museum, your visit this time will seem a bit different than you are used to, but it will remain just as exciting as before!
Following CDC, state and local authorities’ guidelines, these are some of the changes you can expect:
1. Plan for it. Timed entry tickets for 2.5-hour visit will ensure a consistent flow of families at a 20-percent capacity (a little over 100 visitors max. at a time). Schedule your visit now!
2. Play safe. We will check your temperature before entry using thermal scanners like in airports. Proceed to the hand sanitizing bars and then scan your online reservation at the box office. It’s all contactless! Plus, remember to rock the mask! Grownups, children ages 2+, and Museum staff must wear masks that cover the nose and mouth at all times during their Museum visit. And now, let your mind come out to play!
3. A larger cleaning crew – one for each gallery –will disinfect surfaces, components and “high touch” areas, like door handles and elevator buttons. Wipes and “dirty bins” will be available for used toys. In addition, we’ve installed 50-sneeze guards, 24-hand sanitizing stations, two hand sanitizing bars, HEPA filters, additional UV lights in our air ducts and removed 48-hands-on components. Fresh air is circulated frequently in our building each day. Deep cleaning with oxychlorine disinfectant will occur nightly. Our staff will be required to wear masks and our educators will be at each gallery encouraging families to maintain six feet of physical distance. Check out our Play Safe video.
4. Minimized hands-on components. Maximized minds-on discoveries. Minds-on fun will take the place of hands-on interactives as you go on a one-way “Epic Adventure” scavenger hunt throughout the Museum to earn the prized “gold” coin and become a member of the “Adventure Society.” Upon entering, claim your individualized “Epic Adventure Pack” which will include tools you’ll need to do activities on your own and an “Epic Adventure Atlas” to help you spot clues within the galleries – all while remaining physically distanced from other families. No sharing! Our social media stars from our Virtual Learning videos will appear in their own galleries to provide clues. Visiting with a tiny tot? Check out our Toddler Trail with suggestions on what to explore! Please note Challenge Course, PowerTower and Tot*Spot are on pause for now. Learn more about the Epic Adventure.
5. Chomp and shop. Fresh Café and Fiddle Sticks Toys will be open. Refuel your energy with fresh food finds and take home the Museum with you with a fantastic discovery at our gift shop. Fiddle Sticks Toys will continue to offer curbside pick-up for orders placed in advance.
6. Daily Virtual Learning continues. If you cannot or do not wish to visit us during our first days back, we completely understand and look forward to welcoming you when you feel more comfortable returning to the Museum. In the meantime, keep visiting, connecting, and learning with our online stars by tuning into our Forbes-approved Daily Virtual Learning Broadcast Schedule on our social media pages. So far, our Virtual Learning has generated nearly 3-million views on all platforms combined! And Forbes said, “the warm personalities of their employees and community members jump right off the screen and make for an engaging and informative experience.” If you haven’t already, you can find all of our content on our YouTube channel.
Want to know more? Visit our FAQ page for additional details on how we are keeping your family safe.
Thank you for your support and patience as we prepare to reopen safely to let your mind come out to play!