2023 LUNAR NEW YEAR BASH
Children’s Museum Houston goes down the rabbit hole with lion dancers and live performances in celebration of Year of the Rabbit
Saturday, Jan. 21 beginning at noon
In partnership with APAHA
In the Chinese zodiac, the rabbit is the symbol of longevity, peace, and prosperity. Hop on over to Children’s Museum Houston as we celebrate the promising Year of the Rabbit during our annual Lunar New Year Bash. Enjoy lion dancers, exciting activities, and live performances celebrating Houston’s Asian diversity! Lunar New Year falls on Jan. 22, 2023.
Malia’s Hula Hut: Experience tropical fun with dances which originated from all over the Pacific.
Event Time: At noon in Kids’ Hall Alcove.
Dance of Asia America: Explore the culture and history of China through a beautiful performance.
Event Time: At 1 p.m. in Kids’ Hall Alcove.
Lion Dancers: See lions move, shake and jump to the beat of the drums to welcome good fortune.
Event Time: At 3 and 4 p.m. in Kids’ Hall.
- Rabbit Origami: Pull a rabbit out of the hat with an expected origami design at Alexander Art Academy.
- Origami: Learn about the delicate art of origami and create a masterpiece at Junktion.
- Lei Making: Welcome the New Year with vibrant decorative flowers to wear at Junktion.
- Chinese Character Banners: Tie longevity, wisdom and harmony to start the year at Junktion.
- Dragon Puppets: Make a fiery creature to keep it dancing for a great lucky year at Junktion.
- Paper Rabbit: Hop along with a 3-D rabbit complete with fuzzy bunny tail at Junktion.
Lunar New Year Bash, Jan. 21, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.