26th ANNUAL MARTIN LUTHER KING,JR. DAY CELEBRATION
Celebrate the power of dreams with peace march, musical performance and “I Have a Dream” speech
“Caryakid Award” to honor Rev. Dr. Marcus D. Cosby
Celebrating Houston Defender’s 90 years of service!
Saturday, Jan. 15 beginning at 11 a.m.
Brought to you by State Rep. the Honorable Garnet Coleman (D)
In partnership with Houston Defender
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. dreamed for us to live in a world where we would “not be judged by the color of our skin, but by the content of our character.” Join Children’s Museum Houston in honoring civil rights leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and his legacy during our 26th annual celebration. The event will also commemorate Houston Defender’s newspaper 90-years of service to our community!
Beginning at 11 a.m. on the Main Stage:
· Providence Jazz Ensemble: Move to the beat of this high-energy band.
Beginning at 1 p.m. on the Main Stage:
· Peace March Led by Kid’s Committee: Exercise your right in celebration of Civil Rights.
· Caryakid Award: Museum’s highest honor to be presented to Reverend Dr. Marcus D. Cosby.
· Gardere Oratory Speech Recital: Listen to inspiring, triumphant words by this year’s winner.
All Day in Brown Auditorium:
· “I Have a Dream”: Watch the historic speech that called for equality, justice, and end of racism.
· Dream Clouds: Share your dreams for changing the world at Junktion.
· Peace Doves: Make a world symbol of peace at Junktion.
· Star Promise: Take the pledge to be kind and fair to everyone at Junktion.