Tuesday - Saturday:
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday Free Family Night
5 - 8 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 6 p.m.
Want to join our team? Looking to help kids and work in an exciting environment every day? Then the Children's Museum of Houston is for you!
Below is a list of positions that are currently open. Be sure to check back frequently to view new opportunities. To apply for a position, you may do any of the following:
- Submit your resume with salary requirements to HR@cmhouston.org
- Fax your resume or application to (713) 525-3624
- Apply in person at 1500 Binz, Houston, TX 77004 (employment applications are available on-site at the Information Booth or below)
- Click here for a downloadable PDF employment questionnaire.
- Click here for a downloadable PDF employment application.
- Preparing food orders for museum visitors
- Running the register
- Refilling supplies
- Helping with clean-up duties
Work schedule varies with 20-29 hours per week, and must be able to work Thursday and weekends.
As a nationwide leader in child-centered learning, we are looking for the best and brightest to represent the Museum as Discovery Guides. Outgoing, energetic individuals are needed to work with children and ensure a fun, positive and educational visitor experience. A good sense of humor is a plus! Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus! Must be able to work 24-29 hours per week, morning and afternoon shifts.
Development Department Intern (unpaid, Spring 2014)
This individual will provide general administrative support for the Development department across a variety of the Museum's fundraising programs, including Special Events, Annual Funding and the Fort Bend Capital Campaign.
- Creating solicitation packages with relevant inserts, including assemble and prepare for outgoing mail delivery
- Producing mail merge lists and reports
- Assisting with special events (meetings/lunches/gala), Capital and Special Projects, including producing invitations, tracking responses, and greeting and directing guests
- Performing general administrative duties such as copying, faxing and preparing items for mailing
- Answering phones when requested
- Maintaining material inventory and gathering supplies
Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to perform tasks with light supervision. Strong MS Office application skills in Word and Excel.
- Preparing grill food orders for museum visitors
- Refilling cafe supplies
- Helping with clean-up duties
- Serving as back-up to cashier
Must possess strong customer service skills. Will also be required to pass criminal background check and drug screening. Work schedules vary at 20-29 hours per week. Must be able to work 4:30 – 8:30 p.m. on Thursday evenings, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Sundays.
Outreach Science Educator (Temporary Position)
Do you love science? Do you love exploring the unknown and figuring out why things happen? If you do, the Children's Museum of Houston might have the perfect position for you! We are hiring a science educator on a temporary basis to help implement our STEM (A’STEAM) curriculum in more than 30 afterschool sites in the Greater Houston area.
- Demonstrating extensive background knowledge in science curriculum for grades K-5.
- Demonstrating passion, commitment and enthusiasm to teach young children science concepts and inspire creativity.
- Traveling to schools in and outside the Houston area between the hours of 3:30 - 6 p.m., assisting with the implementation of our A’STEAM afterschool program and providing documentation of site visits.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which includes occasional weekends and evenings, to assist the outreach program manager in conducting evening and weekend trainings with staff counselors. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must. Candidate must possess great organizational, teamwork and communication skills. Bachelor’s degree required. Two to three years classroom teaching experience preferred. Must have reliable transportation, valid TDL and evidence of insurability. Weekly time committment include 20 hours, Monday - Friday afterschool, occasional evenings (trainings from 7 - 9 p.m.) and occasional Saturdays (trainings from 9 - 2 p.m., maybe twice a year).
Invention Convention Educator
Are you a tinkerer? Did you take apart your toys and redesign them? Do you subscribe to Make magazine and scour surplus items for project ideas? Do you want to help inspire a new generation of inventors? The Children’s Museum of Houston is looking for a Lego-loving, toy-hacking, maker/dreamer to join our team as our Invention Convention Educator, where we offer visitors opportunities not only to interact in a hands-on way, but also to ask questions, tinker, test and redesign.
- Handling programming related to the Invention Convention and Flow Works exhibitions
- Monitoring the materials and functionality of the exhibits
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the exhibit components
- Devising and executing weekly program changes in Inventors’ Workshop
This position requires exemplary planning and organization. Strong people skills are needed as there is considerable work with a team of fabrication, graphics and video production personnel, as well as staff training on exhibit components, facilitation strategies and programs. Must have a flexible work schedule that occasionally includes Thursday evenings and weekends. Bachelor’s degree and minimum two years experience working with children required. Must have working knowledge of MS Office applications. Science teaching experience preferred!