Tuesday - Saturday:
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday Free Family Night
5 - 8 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 6 p.m.
Want to join our team? Looking to help kids and work in an exciting environment every day? Then the Children's Museum of Houston is for you!
Below is a list of positions that are currently open. Be sure to check back frequently to view new opportunities.
Apply online at www.paycomonline.com.
- Preparing food orders for museum visitors
- Running the register
- Refilling supplies
- Helping with clean-up duties
Work schedule varies with 20-29 hours per week, and must be able to work Thursday and weekends.
As a nationwide leader in child-centered learning, we are looking for the best and brightest to represent the Museum as Discovery Guides. Outgoing, energetic individuals are needed to work with children and ensure a fun, positive and educational visitor experience. A good sense of humor is a plus! Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus! Must be able to work 24-29 hours per week, morning and afternoon shifts.
Outreach Science Educator (Temporary Position)
Do you love science? Do you love exploring the unknown and figuring out why things happen? If you do, the Children's Museum of Houston might have the perfect position for you! We are hiring a science educator on a temporary basis to help implement our STEM (A’STEAM) curriculum in more than 30 afterschool sites in the Greater Houston area.
- Demonstrating extensive background knowledge in science curriculum for grades K-5.
- Demonstrating passion, commitment and enthusiasm to teach young children science concepts and inspire creativity.
- Traveling to schools in and outside the Houston area between the hours of 3:30 - 6 p.m., assisting with the implementation of our A’STEAM afterschool program and providing documentation of site visits.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which includes occasional weekends and evenings, to assist the outreach program manager in conducting evening and weekend trainings with staff counselors. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is a must. Candidate must possess great organizational, teamwork and communication skills. Bachelor’s degree required. Two to three years classroom teaching experience preferred. Must have reliable transportation, valid TDL and evidence of insurability. Weekly time committment include 20 hours, Monday - Friday afterschool, occasional evenings (trainings from 7 - 9 p.m.) and occasional Saturdays (trainings from 9 - 2 p.m., maybe twice a year).
This position is responsible for ensuring visitors’ experiences at the Museum are top quality and clearly aligned with the Museum’s mission and goals.
In fulfilling this responsibility, Gallery Supervisors are responsible for:
- Supervising Discovery Guides while they are carrying out their jobs with visitors.
- Frequently being the first line of assistance when problems arise with exhibits, visitors or programs.
- Assisting with various operational duties, which may include making and adjusting the daily Discovery Guide schedule, managing the operation of specific programs, preparing for events, training new Discovery Guides and serving in Discovery Guide roles, as needed.
Must have excellent customer service skills and a strong judgment that is aligned with the Museum needs. Must be able to address visitor questions and problems, and enjoy working in a team setting. Requires high school diploma and two years minimum experience working with children. Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required. Knowledge of MS office applications preferred.
The Children’s Museum of Houston seeks a full-time, excellent grant writer and proofreader to lead its two-person Grant Writer Team. Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the preparation and facilitation of the Museum’s grant requests, including cover letters, proposals, applications for funding and stewardship reports
- Managing the foundation relations calendar and conducting research for prospective new donors, as well as special fundraising materials and correspondence
- Playing a critical role in the success of the Musem's aggressive annual fundraising campaign, with a goal of more than $2.3 million annually and a $35 million Capital Campaign
Must possess a college degree, and four to five years professional grant-writing experience is required. Expertise in Microsoft Office, Raisers Edge and Adobe is also required.
The Children's Museum of Houston seeks a full-time Exhibits Shop Technician to assist with fabricating, assembling and installing components for museum exhibits. Must be able to maintain the inventory, order and cleanliness of assigned work area. Position requires experience with table saw, drill press, router and other general shop equipment. Must also have experience working with Plexiglas, metal plastic laminate, woodworking and finishing. The ideal candidate will also have excellent troubleshooting skills and experience with several of the following: carpentry, welding, mechanics, electronics. Must have valid TDL and evidence of insurability. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends.