Looking to help kids and work in an exciting environment? Then the Children's Museum of Houston is for you! Below is a list of positions that are currently open. Be sure to check back frequently to view new opportunities.
Development Intern (NON PAID)
The Children’s Museum of Houston is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to CMH’s development team. While this internship is unpaid, it will provide the opportunity to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, event planning, children’s programming, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a national reach.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist the development staff in entering data into CMH’s donor database
• Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and industries
• Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use
• Draft correspondence, reports and donor acknowledgements
• Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other activities
• Maintain donor files and other development materials
• Attend department and staff meetings
• Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
• Strong writing and research abilities
• Desire to learn more about fundraising and philanthropy
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Keen attention to detail
To apply, please submit your resume, availability, and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please note, only Fall internship applications will be considered at this email address.