Monday - Saturday:
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday Free Family Night
5 - 8 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 6 p.m.
Spring Break Family Activities at Children's Museum of Houston
March 8 – 23, 2014
There’s something new to do and celebrate every day of Spring Break at America’s No. 1 children’s museum and Houston’s ultimate family destination! Get away and soak in the fun during the Children’s Museum of Houston’s action-packed, two-week Spring Break event, Destination Celebration Spring Break Bash, March 8 – 23, 2014. Click here for directions and to print a map!
- Soar to new heights on our four Bungee Trampolines (for kids ages 5 and older)!
- Roll in our two Human Hamster Balls (for kids ages 5 and older)!
- 10 a.m. Steel Drummer and Lei Welcoming– Kick start your getaway by tuning in to the soothing melodies of a Caribbean steel drummer. The first 200 kids will be draped with beautiful welcome leis every day! (Sunday time: Noon.)
- 10 a.m. Boardwalk Bonanza - It’s time to rock the boat and challenge your friends to some friendly on-deck fun with boardwalk-inspired games. The fun lasts all-day long! (Sunday time: Noon)
- 1:30 p.m. Dance Party – Put your hands up like the ceiling can’t hold you as our Discovery Guides lead you in an interactive jam!
- 2:30 p.m. The Main Show – Enjoy entertainment on the “high seas” and be captivated by live and interactive performances. (See online calendar for complete lineup)
- 4 p.m. Get In The Act – Embark on a whirlwind adventure of family-friendly competition and get wild on stage with a montage of games.
Pi(e) FIGHT REGISTRATION CLOSED
NEW THIS YEAR! – FOAM FREAK OUT, MARCH 19
We are foaming at the mouth with excitement and we hope you will too! New this year, the party will remain on the street as we shut down our block again for the ultimate Foam Freak Out, from 10 a.m. to noon on March 19. Come on out and enjoy foamnomenal fun! Kids must be ages 4 - 14 to participate.
Doors open at 10 a.m. Monday to Saturday and at noon on Sundays. Your Spring Break destiny awaits you at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Can your mind come out to play?™
Spring Break Entertainment Lineup
AERIAL SILK AND DANCE
Witness jaw-dropping acrobatics from aerial silk artists Adam Skidmore and Y.E. Torres.
MAGIC SHOW BY JAMIE SALINAS
Renowned magician Jamie Salinas will astound you with the sleight of his hand!
CIRQUE LA VIE
Enjoy malleable moves that convey beautiful, exquisite and thought-provoking stories from Cirque La Vie!
DISC-FUNCTIONAL CANINE SHOW
Check out incredible tricks and skills from our four-legged pals, as they bust doggie moves you've never seen!
JUGGLERS NOAH AND ROLY
Juggling, uni-cycling and penny farthing tricks are just among the few things this dynamic duo can do.
Walk the plank into this more than magical pirate show and search for treasures untold.
URGEWORKS - MATHEMATICS OF HIP HOP
Explore the roles that math and numbers play in the four major elements of hip hop culture.
FORMER HARLEM GLOBETROTTER MELVIN ADAMS
Shoot some hoops with former Harlem Globetrotter Melvin Adams during this interactive performance.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.