Monday - Saturday:
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday Free Family Night
5 - 8 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 6 p.m.
Give the Children's Museum's tweets just a second to load. If you can't wait - check out what we've been twittering »
PIRATES AHOY BASH
Gather your crew together and set sail on an adventure at the Museum in celebration of International Talk Like a Pirate Day
September 16 - 19
Ahoy, mateys! Join in as we board our Pirates Ahoy! Bash. This high-sea adventure will take young pirates through fun-filled activities that will shiver your timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is a real holiday celebrated on Sept. 19.
- Earnest the Balancing Bear: Help Ernest the Balancing Bear walk the plank in style as you skillfully balance him on a string using wheels, wire, and found materials to invent your own version in the Inventors’ Workshop.
- Pirate Hat: You can talk, walk and act like a pirate, but you can’t be an official one without a pirate hat. Make your own and declare yourself captain at Junktion.
- X Marks the Spot: A pirate’s work is all in how he hunts for his booty! Learn how to read coordinates as you scour the map to uncover treasure at Junktion.
- Pirate Talkin’ Mad Libs: This partner activity will have you retelling the silliest, scariest, scurviest pirate tale at Junktion.
- Treasure Hunters: Argghhh maties! We've hidden a buried treasure somewhere in the sand. Can you use coordinate geometry and our treasure map to find it? Remember, X marks the spot at the ExxonMobil Math Cart!
***Events, activities and times subject to change.