Tuesday - Saturday:
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday Free Family Night
5 - 8 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 6 p.m.
WILD ABOUT WILDFLOWERS
Children’s Museum of Houston celebrates the sights and sounds of springtime
May 10 – 16
If you've ever had the opportunity to experience the magnificent wildflowers which cover the Texas landscape in the spring, you know what a sight that is to behold! Now here’s your chance to get a little taste of that Texas spring time beauty at the Children’s Museum of Houston (CMH). Stop by and indulge in some of nature’s most beautiful inventions in CMH’s EcoStation exhibit. Let your creativity garden grow while you learn about Texas native flowers, plants and more!
• Wildflowers from Wild Origins: Nature's inventions are sometimes a wonderful inspiration to create. Look for blossom possibilities to make decorative flowers which can move, dance, or even light up at the Inventors Workshop.
• Watercolor Flowers: Make a bouquet of watercolor flowers to say "goodbye" to April showers and "hello" to May flowers at the Alexander Art Academy.
• Butterfly Life Cycle Bracelet: Butterflies visit EcoStation quite often. Learning about their life cycle makes for an interesting science and life lesson!
• Butterfly Box: Doing population counts is an extremely important part of an ecologist’s job. Learn how they do it at EcoStation.
• A Field Guide to Native Butterflies: Wildlife biologists use field guides to help them identify animals. Design a mini-field guide on native Houston butterflies at EcoStation.
• Handprint Lilies: Stop by Junktion and design a beautiful paper flower using a trace outline of your hand and surprise your loved one with this awesome gift.
• Pop up Flowers: Use pop-up techniques to make a pop-up flower card at Junktion.
• Field of Flowers Crown: Learn all about different flowers while making a crown of flowers to wear throughout CMH at Junktion.
• Geometric Flowers: Head on over to the ExxonMobil Math Cart and flip, rotate, join and separate shapes to create different flowers using pattern blocks.
***Events, times and activities subject to change.