Tuesday - Saturday:
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday Free Family Night
5 - 8 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 6 p.m.
MLK DAY PEACE RALLY
Children’s Museum of Houston celebrates the power of dreams through MLK-inspired peace rally and special activities
Gardere oratory competition winner to recite speech
Monday, January 20
Special event $5 general admission
Sponsored by State Rep. Garnet Coleman (D)
WHAT IS MLK DAY:
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. dreamed for us to live in a world where we would “not be judged by the color of [our] skin, but by the content of [our] character.” Take a trip to the Children’s Museum of Houston to honor civil rights leader, Martin Luther King, Jr., and his acclaimed “I Have a Dream Speech” that rocked the nation during the Civil Rights Movement in 1963. Join our special performers in the auditorium and don’t forget about your own dreams!
SPECIAL MLK DAY EVENTS:
- Gardere Oratory Speech Recital: Listen to the uplifting words of this year’s winner.
- Peace Rally Led by Kid’s Committee: March down Kid’s Hall in celebration of our civil rights.
- “I Have a Dream Speech” Rendition: Listen to the speech that changed history.
- Young Harmonies of Houston: Get moving to the inspirational sounds of this choir.
- Dream Clouds: Display big dreams for the world in our Dream Wall at Junktion.
- Hand of Friendship: Showcase fairness and kindness with hand cutouts at Junktion.
- What is Peace? Take a pledge to be fair and kind to others with a peace card at Junktion.
Sound Effects: Produce a dramatic speech with unique sound effects at the Science Station.
- The Shape of Me and Other Stuff: Learn about how we are different and alike at the Parent Resource Library.
MLK Day Peace Rally, January 20, 2014 at Noon
***Activities, events and times subject to change.