Monday - Saturday:
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursday Free Family Night
5 - 8 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 6 p.m.
Give the Children's Museum's tweets just a second to load. If you can't wait - check out what we've been twittering »
Field Experiences for Schools
Tuesdays – Fridays from Sept. 17, 2013 through May 30, 2014
- Additional Field Experiences Info
- Museum Exhibit Information
- Activities for Your Classroom (TEKS Aligned)
- Teacher's Packet for school visits to the Museum
Here's why the Children's Museum of Houston is the BEST place to take your students for a Field Experience:
- Your students will apply their knowledge and skills as they explore over 75 hands-on exhibit activities during 5, 20-minute tour segments.
- The Museum’s Discovery Guides will lead your class experience, focusing your students’ attention on concepts that are appropriate for their grade level.
- Each activity in the Museum is aligned to the TEKS for the core subjects in all elementary grades.
- The Museum has an online curriculum database where you can download over 120 classroom lessons to use in preparation and follow-up to the field experience.
- Teachers give very high marks to Children’s Museum field experiences. (96% of 140 teachers surveyed say the Children's Museum is the best field experience for their students.
- Experiential learning at the Children's Museum covers a variety of domains including physical and life science, financial literacy, civic engagement, cultural awareness, engineering, geometry, pre-algebra, data collection/analysis, and measurement.
- Your families can make unlimited follow-up visits with their children during the Museum’s weekly free hours.
- Your students will have unique learning opportunities that exercise higher order thinking skills: running businesses, inventing solutions to challenges, crafting new chemicals, exploring other countries, solving mysteries and utilizing the power of water to do work.
- The Children's Museum field experience will engage your students in 21st century skill development including collaboration, communication, critical thinking and creativity.
- Teachers, museum educators and other learning experts have co-developed the Museum’s exhibits and related curriculum through rigorous formative testing that ensures the intended learning outcomes for our school and family audiences.
What have Educators said about Museum Field Experiences?
- 98 percent indicated the Museum ignited a sense of discovery in their students
- 97 percent said their field trip reinforced their science curriculum
- 99 percent indicated they would like to return to the Museum for another field trip
Ready to book?