You can export all the upcoming events to any calendar application such as MS Outlook, Google calendar, Apple iCal with the following link.
Snuggles Story Time
Children’s Museum of Houston invites you on a journey through dreams and sleepy time with Andrea White and Mimi Vance’s latest children’s book
Special appearance by “Elle Woods” from Legally Blonde
Kids dressed in PJ’s will receive $2 off admission plus free milk and cookieSeptember 22
Presented by the Mostyn Moreno Foundation in support of Houston Children’s Charity’s “A Better Night’s Sleep” program
Andrea White, the wife of former Houston Mayor Bill White, and fellow author Mimi Vance will take you on a voyage of bedtime adventures with their new book, Snuggles, in celebration of September National Literacy Month. This rhyming, illustrated children’s book is about the importance of catching some Zzz’s. White and Vance will be joined by other guests, including Legally Blonde’s Elle Woods and Houston's Eyewitness News Anchor Dave Ward!
All children wearing pajamas in support of proper sleep will receive $2 off admission and a free milk and cookie at the Museum's Fresh Café (while supplies last).
- Meet and Greet Elle Woods: Miss “Legally Blonde” herself will be at Snugglerama all day. She will also MC our story time program. Snaps, everyone!
- Dr. Kushnir: Why do we sleep? Hear it from the sleep guru himself. Dr. Kushnir is a psychologist at the Sleep & Anxiety Center for Kids at the University of Houston.
- ABC 13’s Dave Ward: He’s worked odd hours in his duty to tell the story. Eyewitness News Anchor Dave Ward will be the voice behind the adventures.
- Houston Audubon Society: Owls do sleep… but during the day! Come meet a live gray horn owl and learn about its sleep habits.
- Houston Fire Engine 33: Did you know a firefighter’s work shift can be 48 hours long? A Houston firefighter tells us why sleep matters in order to get the job done.
- Snuggles Reading: Journey through dreams and sleepy time fun as authors Andrea White and Mimi Vance read Snuggles.
Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012 from 2 to 3 p.m.
***Activities, events and times subject to change
MUSEUM HOURS: Tues. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.Second Saturday of every month opens at 9 a.m. for members.
General Museum admission: $9 per person and $8 for seniors 65+. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.