You can export all the upcoming events to any calendar application such as MS Outlook, Google calendar, Apple iCal with the following link.
Book Worm Celebration
Children’s Museum of Houston wiggles for books with storytelling and exciting activities
Sept. 20 – 26
September is National Literacy Month. To celebrate, the Children's Museum of Houston is dedicating a full-week to many of the fascinating places books can take us. Take your imagination on a journey through the pages of your favorite books! Check out our on-going activities or read stories about fascinating people, places and situations at our Parent Resource Library – an on-site branch of the Houston Public Library System. You can register for a free “Power Card” there and show off your love for reading.
ON GOING ACTIVITIES:
- Stop Motion Animation: Bring your favorite stories to life as you invent characters, scenery, and plots, and make your own movie at the Inventors’ Workshop.
- Laura Vaccaro Seeger Illustrations: Channel Caldecott award-winning book illustrator Laura Vaccaro Seeger at the Alexander Art Academy.
- Bookworm Bookmarks: Save your place in your latest read at Junktion.
- Sticker Stories: Make a story without words at Junktion.
- Rhyme match up game: Find words that rhyme at Junktion.
- One is a Snail: Read the book One Is a Snail, Ten Is a Crab by April Pulley Sayre and Randy Cecil and create your own numbers of feet at the ExxonMobil Math Cart.
- Shape Up: Learn about shapes as you read Shape Up! by David A. Adler and blend math and literature with a great take home activity at the ExxonMobil Math Cart
- Story Time: Swing by the Parent Resource Library and let books take you on an imaginative journey.
Event Time: 11 a.m., 1 & 3 p.m.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
MUSEUM HOURS: Tues. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
Second Saturday of the month opens at 9 a.m. for members.
General Museum admission: $9 per person and $8 for seniors 65+ and for military personnel. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
Free Family Night every Thursday 5 – 8 p.m.
For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.